From Planet Computers
Revision as of 10:05, 23 June 2020 by Dguidi
Welcome to Planet Computers Support Website
This Website will provide you with the latest information and support for your Planet Computers devices.
Linux support for Cosmo Communicator has been released!
Cosmo Communicator Latest News
- 22/06/2020 - Android firmware v22 has been released! This release contains a number of improvements and bugfixes. You can read more information about it here.
- 29/03/2020 - If you have been affected by the latest FOTA v20 firmware,
please look at this page for a hot fix solutionplease update your device using the latest v22 firmware.
- 24/02/2020 - Initial release of Linux for Cosmo Communicator is out. You can find more information here.
- 11/12/2019 - The first firmware upgrade for the Cosmo Communicator is out today! Find out how to upgrade your Android firmware and your Cover Display firmware. You can find more information about the firmware update here.
Gemini Latest News
- Gemini Android 8 upgrade - We added some instructions to perform a manual upgrade to Android 8. They are available here.
- The official Gemini PDA User Guide
The Official Gemini PDA User Guide is now in print and available. Purchase now at Amazon. Click here to order.
Also, the Gemini PDA User Guide is now available for digital download as a PDF. Click here to download.
- Configuring your keyboard - If you have a non-uk keyboard you will have to configure the keyboard software in order to use your keyboard layout properly. Please follow the instruction on this page: Configuration Page
- 25/05/2019 - Android 8.1 update for Gemini WIFI PDA has been released! Also, the partition tool has now been updated to support multi boot Android 8.1/Linux systems.
- 8/05/2019 - We added instruction to perform a manual upgrade to Android 8. They are available here.
- 6/05/2019 - Android 8.1 update for Gemini 4G is out! In case the update mechanism does not start, you can double check that the file ota.zip is present in the root folder of your Gemini using File Manager. You can then tap on Manual Update under the Firmware Update Settings in the Firmware Update application, which can be found under Settings.
- 20/02/2019 - The Kali Linux community updated their Kali Linux image for Gemini PDA. You can use the partition tool to download and flash the laster version - support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html.
- 12/02/2019 - We updated the Linux firmware to support Sailfish 3 Beta for Gemini Community Edition, Kali Linux and TWRP. The updated partition tool is available at support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html. Many thanks to the Jolla/Sailfish Community, the Kali community (Re4son) and the TWRP community (deadman96385). If needed, you can find the old partition tool here.
- 11/12/2018 - We updated the Linux firmware to support a change in the LCM module in the latest Gemini devices. The updated firmware is compatible with all Gemini devices, and it's available using the usual partition tool: support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html
- 08/11/2018 - We released a further updated Android firmware only for x27 devices, to fix an issue regarding SIM2 selection at boot.
- 10/10/2018 - We have released an updated Android firmware! The update contains a number of fixes, new applications and the latest security updates. We provided an over-the-air update for Android-only Gemini. Users of multi-boot Geminis can now update the Android side by following our Android Manual Update page.
- 17/09/2018 - A new firmware for rooted Android has been released. This will fix the issue that has been reported about the updated Magisk Manager software not working correctly. You can download the new firmware using the usual partition tool link: support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool.html. The old firmware is still available under the "Firmware List and MD5 checksums" link on the partition tool page, if needed.
- 16/07/2018 - We've released an updated Sailfish OS firmware that fixes the orientation of the optional camera. See the Sailfish OS notes page for more details
- 22/06/2018 - Released updated FlashTool, FlashToolDrivers, Android Firmware, Linux Firmware (including updated Debian and Sailfish OS Community edition). We also released an updated PartitionTool which offers more flexibility, together with new Android and Linux flashing guides (see menu on the left). Follow this links for the new Android Flashing Guide, new Linux Flashing Guide and the new Gemini Firmware page. For reference, here are the links related to the old Flashing Guide and the old Firmware page.
- 21/05/2018 - This is a reminder that community-driven discussion forum for Gemini is available at https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showforum=192
- 11/05/2018 - The Linux and Windows flash tools have been updated. The Gemini firmware has also been updated and we now released 3 firmware versions: Gemini Wifi-Only, Gemini 4G x25 and Gemini 4G x27.
- 25/04/2018 - A Linux version of the Flash Tool has been released, see our Flashing Guide for more information
- 23/04/2018 - A few important news have been shared via Indiegogo but not posted here. So here we go:
- 16/03/2018 - A rooted Android firmware is now available, see http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Gemini_Firmware
- 16/03/2018 - Source code for the Linux kernel and the bootloader has been published on GitHub: https://github.com/dguidipc
- 02/2018 - We have updated our Keyboard application with a new configuration wizard that will help you setup the correct driver/layout. We planned an over the air firmware update but, as it is not ready yet, we strongly suggest you to update the application using the Google Play Store. In case the application does not automatically update, please update the app using the this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gemini.keyboard