Latest Cosmo Firmware
From Planet Computers
Firmware update 11/12/2019
This Cosmo firmware includes new features and solves a number firmware issues reported by users:
- New settings: switch OFF cover display on power down
This feature helps saving battery when Cosmo Communicator is powered down by switching OFF the cover display. When powered down in this way, you will only be able to switch on your Cosmo using the Esc key and charge your Cosmo using the left hand side USB-C port. We are looking at further power saving firmware possibilities
- Fix for power charging indicator being on while the keyboard backlight is on.
- The Duraspeed and Background Power Saving settings status is now OFF by default. This fixes the operation of many applications which were reported to be closing in the background when Duraspeed is ON. Some services were being closed down after some time of inactivity.
- The eSIM chip status is now fixed after Cosmo restart, so eSIM selection is preserved (instead of switching to SIM lost 2)
- Fix for Reject ringing call during another call from cover display
- Fix for sending SMS reject call when two calls exist
- Fix for Switch calls and merge calls from cover display
- The Cover Display will now support the advertised landscape mode.
- The Cover display will also support two font sizes for notification text.
- Fix for icon sensitivity on top row of icons on the cover display
- Optimisation for Contact list update on cover display
- Some stability fixes for cover display
Manual Codi firmware update
You can manually update the Codi firmware in case the automatic download fails. The Codi firmware consists of 2 files and the latest version is available here:
To manually update the Codi firmware, plesae download and copy these two files on your Cosmo Communicator. After that, run the Codi Display Assistant application, tap on the ADVANCED button and select "Flash Image Manually". On the file selector view, you might have to tap on the "Show Internal storage" option under the more option icon on the top right of the screen (the icon with the 3 round dots).
Bear in mind that the file names are important - please don't rename the files.