Difference between revisions of "Debian Notes"
From Planet Computers
(Created page with "This page provides information about running Linux on your Gemini. ==<span id="Linux_boot_notes" class="mw-headline">Linux boot notes</span>== <div style='margin: 0.4em 0px...")
Revision as of 17:15, 21 June 2018
This page provides information about running Linux on your Gemini.
Linux boot notes
The multi boot mechanism works as follow.
Starting from a switched OFF Gemini, press the Esc (On) key to start the unit until the Gemini vibrates. Once you feel the vibration you can choose the boot mode by pressing the following key combination:
- Boot 1: This is the default booting option when no buttons are pressed.
- Recovery Mode: Esc (On) is pressed. This will always boot into overy mode.
- Boot 2: Side (silver) button is pressed.
- Boot 3: Esc(On) key is pressed and Side button is also pressed
After the screen turns ON you can release the keys.
Debian Linux notes
- On Debian, the keyboard mapping can be selected directly in the Login screen, by choosing the correct language as in the following screenshot:
- You will find information about your Gemini Debian system here: https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-apps/wiki/DebianTP2.
Sailfish OS Linux notes
Updating Android on a Android/Linux Gemini
While your Android-only Gemini can be updated with the over the air update, for an Android/Linux system you will have to update your device manually.