Difference between revisions of "Gemini Firmware OLD"
From Planet Computers
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
====4G Gemini (early release)====
* Gemini 4G
* Gemini 4G Android - Build number Gemini-7.1-
* [http://support.planetcom.co.uk/download/Gemini_Debian_TP.zip Gemini 4G
* [http://support.planetcom.co.uk/download/Gemini_Debian_TP.zip Gemini 4G Dual boot Android/Debian Linux - Technology preview] - See [https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-apps/wiki/DebianTP https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-apps/wiki/DebianTP] for further information
====4G Gemini ====
Revision as of 14:42, 11 May 2018
Available Official Firmware
Here is the list of the latest available firmwares for your Gemini.
We have 3 firmware versions, please be sure you download the right firmware for your device. Once you downloaded your firmware, you can follow our Flashing Guide to install it.
4G Gemini x25 (early release)
- Gemini 4G x25 Android - Build number Gemini-7.1-Planet-11052018-V1
- Gemini 4G x25 Android - Build number Gemini-7.1-Planet-30012018-V1
- Gemini 4G x25 Dual boot Android/Debian Linux - Technology preview - See https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-apps/wiki/DebianTP for further information
4G Gemini x27
With Gemini you have the option to easily root your device. Please bear in mind that rooting an Android device comes with associated risks, and some application might not work correctly. You can search the Internet for more information, we suggest that you proceed only if you know what you are doing.
- Download the Rooted boot image
- Follow the Android installation notes above but before flashing the unit, overwrite the original boot-verified.img file in the Gemini_Android_1_1_0 folder with the rooted boot image that you just downloaded
- Complete the flashing and your device will now be rooted. Install Magisk Manager to complete the process.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP alternative recovery image)
An unofficial build of TWRP has been ported to Gemini by deadman96385.
You can find more information about it here: TWRP for Gemini
TWRP is an alternative recovery image that can be used to install Lineage OS. Please note that you should immediately boot into recovery partition after installing TWRP. If you boot the stock Android firmware, it will reinstall the original reovery partition, overwriting TWRP.
Lineage OS preview
An unofficial builld of Lineage OS for the Gemini has been developed by deadman96385.
You can find more information about it here: Initial release of Lineage OS for Gemini PDA